About Fidelity Bank:
Founded in 1970, Fidelity Bank is headquartered in Edina, Minnesota, and is one of the premier commercial banks in the Twin Cities.
Fidelity demonstrates its strength in the market with a strong balance sheet and consistent growth providing commercial lending and banking services to approximately 700 Minnesota businesses.
Fidelity’s commercial loan services include working capital lines of credit, term loans, asset-based lending, real estate loans, and SBA Loans. The bank is particularly known for its experience in the area of providing working capital to companies backed by short-term assets such as accounts receivable and inventory. Lending arrangements through Fidelity Bank have fueled the success and growth of many growing businesses.
- Review the position profile and qualifications
- Qualified individuals interested in being considered should send their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finalists will be contacted for an interview
Why Work at Fidelity Bank?
Fidelity is a highly profitable, niche provider of financial services to small businesses. There are many reasons a candidate might consider working at Fidelity:
- You can make an impact at Fidelity
- We are a highly successful, top 10% bank (profit performance in our peer group)
- We believe our culture and our people are unique – we are willing to invest in talent
- Our team is established and stable – significant longevity with very little turnover
- Our senior management team is accessible and interested in what you have to say
- Our entrepreneurial environment allows our employees to get involved in our business
- As a smaller organization, we have minimal corporate politics and egos
- We are a highly professional group of business people who believe in teamwork
- You will have substantial freedom, authority, and accountability to get your work done
Best Place to Work Philosophy
We believe our culture of long-term employees is a fundamental core competency driving our outstanding business results. It is our desire to foster long-term relationships with our employees and, ultimately our customers by attracting and retaining the best employees.
- Strengthen Fidelity’s already unique culture
- Continue Fidelity’s goal of being a “Best Place to Work”
- Recruit the best candidates using proven techniques that identify motivation and skills
- Attract and retain great employees
- Maintain a competitive position in the marketplace (salary, benefits, practices)
- Provide training and development opportunities for employees
- Educate our employees and managers (expectations, policies, programs)